Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC)
The LPDC is a group sanctioned by the State to review coursework and professional development (PD) activities proposed and completed by educators to determine if state certification and licensure requirements have been met.
- Publish meeting dates, times, and locations
- Establish a procedure for evaluating and documenting educators' professional development activities and notifying educators of the procedure
- Provide all information and forms required for the licensure procedure
- Act on the forms turned into the committee in a timely manner
- Keep all records of all actions taken
- Operate under the Open Meetings Act
- Establish an appeal process for educators who wish to appeal the decision of the LPDC
- Meet the requirements for renewal of certificate or license
- Write a professional development plan and submit it to the LPDC for approval
- Complete forms requesting approval for course credit, CEUs, and/or contact hours and submit forms to LPDC for approval
- Maintain personal records of all LPDC forms and all professional development activities
- Follow renewal procedures and timelines
LPDC Committee Members
- Heather Wolfe email@example.com
- Krissy Machamer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erica Shover
- Lisa Arthur
- Carissa Trunzo
The Athens-Meigs ESC LPDC meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday from 3:00 - 4:00 at the AMESC Chauncey Office, usually Room 119.
LPDC DOES NOT MEET IN DECEMBER, JUNE, OR JULY.
All meetings are held at the Athens-Meigs ESC in Chauncey, Ohio.