The Athens-Meigs ESC Governing Board is made up of seven elected members from school districts within the AMESC service region along with two at-large members. The governing board typically meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6:00 PM at our Chauncey location. The months of November and December typically have one meeting that is held on the third Wednesday of the month. Upon request to the Superintendent, the Center shall make reasonable accommodation for a disabled person to be able to participate in this activity.
The Board of Education recognizes the value of school governance of public comment on educational issues and the importance of allowing members of the public to express themselves on school matters of community interest.
According to Governing Board policy 0169.1, any person or group wishing to place an item on the agenda shall register their intent with the Superintendent in writing no later than five (5) days prior to the meeting and include:
- name and address of the participant;
- group affiliation, if and when appropriate; and
- topic to be addressed.
The Public Participation Form is located under DOCUMENTS on the right sidebar of this page and can be:
- emailed to email@example.com,
- mailed to PO Box 40, Chauncey, Ohio 45719, or
- dropped off at 21 Birge Drive, Chauncey Ohio 45719.
Such requests shall be subject to the approval of the Superintendent and the Board President.
Board Member Compensation
AMESC Board Members are compensated for their service at the statutory maximum, $125 per meeting (Ohio Revised Code Section (RC) 3313.12, 3311.19). In addition to being compensated for their attendance at meetings, Board Members are reimbursed for mileage to and from board meetings at the current government rate (RC 3311.19)
Learn more about Ohio's ESCs here.
The Auditor of State’s office performs AMESC financial audits annually. The office must review the methods, accuracy, and legality of the accounts, financial reports, records, and files. It is the responsibility of the Financial Audit Group to determine whether or not the AMESC has complied with the law, rules, ordinances, and orders pertaining to the office.
AMESC audits can be found searching here.
The Governing Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, genetic information (collectively, “Protected Classes”), or any other legally protected category in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
The following individuals are designated as the Center’s Compliance Officers (as known as Civil Rights Coordinators and Title IX Coordinators):
Heather Wolfe Bill Buckley
PO Box 40 PO Box 40
21 Birge Drive 21 Birge Drive
Chauncey, Ohio 45719 Chauncey, Ohio 45719
To view all of the AMESC training for employees, including those that are federally mandated and state-mandated, the public can access the Public School Works Parent Information Center (PIC) here. Interested parties can create a quick account and view the provided training.
- Mony Wood, Southern Local-Meigs County Representative (2025)
- Jeff Koehler, Federal Hocking Local Representative (2023)
- John Depoy, At-Large Representative (2025)
- Gary Dicken, Alexander Local Representative (2023)
- Connie Dugan, Trimble Local Representative (2023)
- Mick Davenport, Meigs Local Representative (2023)
- Steve Wheeler, Southern Local-Perry County Representative (2023)
- Greg Bailey, Eastern Local Representative (2023)
- Jeff Vogt, At-Large Representative (2023)
- Governing Board Public Participation
- Public Participation Request
This form is to be used to request public participation at a Governing Board meeting. This form should be emailed or mailed to the Superintendent per Policy 0169.1.
- Public Participation Request